Back in January we started the project of improving the area around the dog kennel, the medieval barn and laying clippings on the whole of the drive. It has all settled in very well and we are really pleased with the new steps into the dog kennel. I placed all my pots with the Hostas outside to make the building a bit more interesting. This summer the Hostas have drunk gallons of water and unfortunately have suffered a bit with burnt leaves because of the hot sun.
This year because of the amazing weather we have had, we decided to concentrate on outdoor jobs. Our first job was to update the porch to the holiday cottage. We have two more porches that need to be completely rebuilt, but we have had to apply for listed building consent and we finally put in for the permission this autumn and it has now been granted, so hopefully spring 2019 will see two new porches, (back and front) on the main house.